Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lantos Memorial Service Marred

As you know, Tom Lantos died this week. His memorial service in Washington was interrupted by partisan bickering. You can judge who is more at fault by reading this and following the links therein. I'm disgusted. Lantos was a class act, unlike too many of our so-called leaders.

Also in the House today: high drama over the reauthorization of the FISA law and whether it should include telecom industry immunity. So much spin! I'm dizzy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wish he has a peaceful funeral, and my respects to his friends and family.

Ryan Landis said...

Lantos was a great guy!

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ both Ryan and Allan... On another note, it will be interesting to see who challenges Jackie Speier for his position... According to The Chronicle she'll most likely take his place. I personally think she'd do a great job :)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/12/MNDGV0KF8.DTL&type=politics