Monday, October 29, 2007

Texas Chainsaw Management

Well, here we go. It's the first time I've ever posted anything on a blog, and I've been saving this article since this summer. I had to read it for one of my other classes, and I thought it would fit the blog.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/05/revolvingdoor200705

This article was very depressing to me, since I'm an environmentalist. This is the last thing the environment needs, but, of course, this is what you get when a person like George Bush is president. He puts people in top environmental positions who own lumber companies. Do you really think they're going to do something to help the environment? Of course not. That's why he put them in charge.
How about you? What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the evidence is so clear that we need to be doing something about our environment. By putting someone who will clearly not make a difference in a position where changes need to be made, Bush is not only making himself look bad, he is also making the nation look bad considering that this is a global issue.

Anonymous said...

I'd like some more background about this administration and the environment because I'm not exactly sure of everything. Maybe it's just me, but I think that our environmental awareness has raised dramatically in the past few years, what with an inconvenient truth and hybrid cars and such. No, that's not a product of the Bush administration, and believe me I could be wrong, but aren't we doing better?

benji said...

This article is really (understandably?) slanted against Bush and everything he's done. Do you know if there's another side to the story? Or at least his explanation for it?

Tara C said...

This is to Elaina:
Yeah. I think we're doing much better noe that we used to be, but we could be doing so much better. There's still so many problems out there that need to be fixed, and no one's successfully doing anything about it.
This is to Benji:
Yeah, it is against Bush (and let's be honest, I'm agianst Bush too). I'm sure that Bush has his own side that he probably makes sound much nicer than this article does. Every side has a way of making themselves look good and their opponents look terrible. But as far as I know, these are the facts. Yeah, Bush did a few good things for the environment, like making a large part a Hawaii into a park. But from what I heard, that wasn't his idea. He just went along with it so he'd look good.