Thursday, December 6, 2007

Presidential Candidates Previous Jobs

Before the many candidates for the 2008 election became office-holders, they had jobs that were very hardworking and some disgusting.
Democrat Hillary Clinton had to spoon guts out of fish and wash dishes at a national park while Republican Mike Huckabee cleaned the floor at JCPenney and had a gig on the radio.
Mitt Romney worked on a ranch in a sewage pipe.
Republican Fred Thompson stated "I've worked in a factory, I was a bouncer at my uncle's drag strip, I worked at the post office, I sold children's shoes, I sold ladies', I sold men's clothing, I was a night clerk at a motel."
Democrat John Edwards worked at a textile mill where he "cleaned out overhead in the weave room, which is where all the crap goes."
Republican John McCain stated "I've never really had a bad job."
Democrat Barack Obama worked at a construction site. He also said that "his worst job was scooping ice cream at a Baskin-Robbins because he ate too much of it."

I thought that this was kinda of funny at first but then I realized that it showed how hardworking and dedicated the candidates were.
What do you think about these jobs? What does it show about the candidates?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-12-05-candidates-worst-jobs_N.htm

1 comment:

Nicole S said...

This shows the diveristy of our society and our policicans. Some candidates didn't have bad jobs- which might mean they didn't have any jobs- and some did have bad jobs because they had to really work to get to where they are now. That shows their determination and hard work, but it shouldn't take away from people who had easy jobs or even no jobs. They might be just as determined and hard-working, even if it doesn't show here.