Thursday, February 7, 2008

The worst season?

No, not fall, or winter, not even baseball season; I am talking about tax season. If you are like me, and lucky (?) enough to have a job, you have likely recieved your W-2's by now and, depending on your point of view, are either:
1)Ignoring it and hoping it goes away,
2)Rapidly filling out forms in order to (hopefully) get back everything the government has stolen from you over the year, or
3)Wishing you had had more money withheld.

For me (I'm probably giving out more financial information here then my parents would like), I thought I wouldn't have to pay this year, so I had no money witheld; sadly, I was just off, and I now owe the government a whopping six dollars. Still, I do feel that I am doing my civic duty and helping reduce, by an immeasurable amount, our massive budget deficit. Speaking of civic duty, the IRS is rather optimistic about how much Americans have in them-there are, in the 1040 instructions, information on how one could make a donation to pay off the public debt. Would you?

Without giving out any overly personal information, how will taxes be for the rest of you this year?

2 comments:

benji said...

I have my mom do my taxes.

Kerina Chiu said...

Although taxes are burdensome, I believe that they will help reduce our enormous deficit as well as provide funding for different programs. Taxes will definitely be an issue for the next President.