Sunday, April 20, 2008

Visited Barack's Occidental College

I thought this was interesting because I visited Occidental this past weekend, where Barack Obama attended college. The school administration referred to him as "Barry" Obama. Doesn't this seem a little like Barack was americanized there? Also the administration has a program which allows 15 students to attend United Nation conferences which meant they would be the only undergraduates there, which Barack Obama attended. To become a Senator or a successful politician do you guys think it matters whether you go to a school with such limited special opportunities?

1 comment:

Farrah Ng said...

I think it might be a hindrance, but looking at Obama, I think it's pretty much safe to say he's quite a successful politician. He's made it farther than a lot of the Harvard's and the big powerful ivy league students.

So this just goes to reiterate what everybody's been telling me for the past 6 months. "It's not where you go to college, but what you make of it!"

Wow, I can't believe they called him Barry.